Sunday, June 7, 2009

Aleke Kanonu - N'Gwode & Mother's Day




















N'Gwode (1980)
An extremely rare afro-beat/funk album featuring Wilbur Bascomb on bass. Before recording his self-titled album, Aleke performed with Stanley Cowell and recorded on his '75 Strata-East release, "Regeneration." No other information seems to be obtainable about his musical output or his current location - his one and only album release; all the tracks are heat.

Mother's Day (1980)
A beautiful and sparse percussion track with pidgin mutterings and lush piano chords.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Thank you so much for sharing this. I found your blog via WFMU's Beware of the Blogs, and I am so grateful that I found you. I was wondering if you would like to exchange links with me.

I have a blog called Eclectic Grooves that features a diverse selection of music that ranges from jazz to afro-beat, and from blues to psych, and from electronic to folk.

Please let me know if youd like to exchange links with me.

Best, Kevin

http://eclectic-grooves.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Wilbur Bascomb is the author of my vote for Song with All-Time Least Subtle Title: "Head for Backstage Pass," from Jeff Beck's Wired.