Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Bayan Mongol Variety Group - Bayan Mongol



















Bayan Mongol

Thanks to Waxidermy for informing the world about this track. It's a Mongolian rock record! When was the last time you thought about Mongolia? Ghengis Khan? Maybe you have an image of Julia Roberts riding horses in the lush countryside, like I do? I dunno. When I played this for a friend he asked, "Mongolia? What? is that a country?" Supposedly this was released in 1981 but recorded sometime in the late 60's, it certainly sounds like it. I'm not sure what the rest of the album sounds like, simply because it's nearly impossible to find and nobody has posted any other tracks from it. Hopefully they will in the future and then I can post them for you. "Mongolian psych-funk" ooooooohhhhhhhhh, get steamy.

No comments: